Data Analytics course is designed to help you become a successful Data Analyst, this course is for those just starting their career in Analytics. It will teach you how to make powerful dashboards, macros, Access and SQL along with a strong focus on case studies to ensure hands-on learning. Once armed with the analytics, you will also learn the powerful Data visualization tool Tableau to present your analysis.
Course duration: 50 hours (50 hours live training + Practice and Self-study)
Who Should do this course?
Candidates from various quantitative backgrounds, like Engineering, Finance, Maths, Statistics, Business Management who want to head start their career in Data Visualization and Analytics.
Introduction to Excel Environment
- Explanation about data calculation in Excel
- Use of Shortcuts
- Formatting and Conditional Formatting
- Working with Formulas – Logical and Text Functions
- Understanding about Sorting, Filtering and Data Validation
- Data Analysis using Pivot Tables
Introduction to Charts and Functions
- Understaing of Mathematical, Statistical Functions
- Worksheet and Workbook Protection and Security
- Understanding of Name Ranges
- Introduction of Charts
- Introduction of Form Controls
- Understanding of Data Tools Panel
- Basics of Macro Recording
- Overview of Dashboards
- Deciding on Dahsboards
- Trends and Scenarios using charts
- Advanced Charting Techniques using Thermometer, Doughnut, Pareto, Panel and Step Chart
- Designing Sample Dashboard using Form Controls
- Tips and Tricks to enhance dashboard designing
Excel Macros ( Visual Basic for Applications)
- Working with VBE (Visual Basic Editor)
- Introduction to Excel Object Model
- Understanding of Sub and Function Procedures
- Key Component of Programming Language
- Understaing of If, Select Case, With End With Statements
- Looping with VBA
- User Defined Function
- Some Commonly Used Macro Examples
- Error Handling
- Object and Memory Management in VBA
- User Form Controls
- ActiveX Controls
- Communicating with Database MS Access through ADO – Exporting/Importing Data
Introduction to MS Access
- What are Databases
- Create and Modify Tables
- Develop and Use of Queries
- Working with Tables
- Form Designing
- Report Designing
DBMS – SQL
- SQL Basics
- Getting Started with SQL Management Studio
- Understanding of RDBMS concept
- Data Manipulation – Reading, Manipulating and Functions
- DDL,DML,DCL,DQL Commands
- Data Aggregation & Summarization
- Concept of Indexing
- Partitioning, Decile creation, Reporting etc
- Stored procedures
- Work Optimization
Tableau: Getting started with Tableau
- What is Tableau? What does the Tableau product suite comprise of? How Does Tableau Work?
- Tableau Architecture
- What is My Tableau Repository?
- Connecting to Data & Introduction to data source concepts
- Understanding the Tableau workspace
- Dimensions and Measures
- Data Types & Default Properties
- Tour of Shelves & Marks Card
- Using Show Me!
- Building basic views
- Saving and Sharing your work-overview
Tableau: Building Views (Reports) – Basics
- Date Aggregations and Date parts
- Cross tab & Tabular charts
- Totals & Subtotals
- Bar Charts & Stacked Bars
- Line Graphs with Date & Without Date
- Tree maps
- Scatter Plots
- Individual Axes, Blended Axes, Dual Axes & Combination chart
- Edit axis
- Parts of Views
- Trend lines
- Reference Lines
- Context filters
- In/Out Sets
- Combined Sets
- Drilling up/down – drill through
- View data
- Actions (across sheets)
Tableau: Building Views (Reports) – Advanced Maps
- Explain latitude and longitude
- Default location/Edit locations
- Symbol Map & Filled Map
- Custom Geo Coding
Tableau: Calculated Fields
- Working with aggregate versus disaggregate data
- Explain – #Number of Rows
- Basic Functions (String, Date, Numbers etc)
- Usage of Logical conditions
Tableau: Table calculations
- Explain scope and direction
- Percent of Total, Running / Cumulative calculations
- Create What-If analysis
- Using Parameters in
- Calculated fields
- Reference Lines
- Display Options (Dynamic Dimension/Measure Selection)
Tableau: Building Interactive Dashboards- (Building & Customizing)
- Combining multiple visualizations into a dashboard (overview)
- Making your worksheet interactive by using actions
- Options in Formatting your Visualization
- Working with Labels and Annotations
- Effective Use of Titles and Captions
Tableau: Working with Data
- Multiple Table Join
- Data Blending
- Difference between joining and blending data, and when we should do each
- Working with the Data Engine / Extracts
- Working with Custom SQL
- Toggle between to Direct Connection and Extracts
Tableau: Working with Tableau Server – Accessing reports through web
- Publishing to Tableau Server – Overview of publishing
- Server Administration – Managing Users, Projects & Object level and Data Security as per Users
- User Filters
- Sample Sales Dashboard
- Case studies on consolidating data from different workbooks into Excel
- Course Enquiry Userform Designing
- Tool to Import/Export Data from MS Access
- Creating reports using SQL
- Creating a 360 degree Customer View
- Deciling using the n-tile function, Row Number & partition by clause
- Access to 48 hours instructor led live classes of 3 hours each, spread over 8 weekends
- Video recordings of the class sessions for self study purpose
- Weekly assignment, reference codes and study material in PDF format
- Module wise case studies/ projects
- Career guidance and career support post the completion of some selected assignments and case studies
What if I miss a class?
Don’t worry. You will always get a recording for the class in your inbox. Have a look at that and reach out to the faculty in case of doubts. All our live classes are recorded for self-study purpose and future reference, and these can also be accessed through our Learning Management System. Hence, in case you miss a class, you can refer to the video recording and then reach out to the faculty during their doubts clearing time or ask your question in the beginning of the subsequent class.
You can also repeat any class you want in the next one year after your course completion.
For how long are the recordings available to me?
6 months post your course completion. If needed, you can also repeat any number of classes you want in the next one year after course completion.
Virtually the recordings are available to you for lifetime, but for judicious use of IT resources, the access to these recordings get deactivated post 6 months, which can be extended upon requests.
Can I download the recordings?
No. Our recordings can be accessed through your account on LMS or stream them live online at any point of time though.
Recordings are integral part of AnalytixLabs intellectual property. The downloading/distribution of these recordings in anyway is strictly prohibited and illegal as they are protected under copyright act.
What if I share my LMS login details with a friend?
The sharing of LMS login credentials is unauthorized, and as a security measure, if the LMS is accessed by multiple places, it will flag in the system and your access to LMS can be terminated.
Will I get a certificate in the end?
Yes. All our course are certified. As part of the course, students get weekly assignments and module-wise case studies. Based on the selected assignments and case studies (atleast 70%), the certificate shall be awarded.
Do you help in placements?
We follow a comprehensive and a self-sustaining system to help our students with placements. This is a win-win situation for our candidates and corporate clients. As a pre-requisite for learning validation, candidates are required to submit the case studies and project work provided as a part of the course (flexible deadline). Support from our side is continuous and encompasses help in profile building, CV referrals through our ex-students, HR consultants and companies directly reaching out to us.
We will provide guidance to you in terms of what are the right profiles for you based on your education and experience, interview preparation and conducting mock interviews, if required. The placement process for us doesn’t end at a definite time post your course completion, but is a long relationship that we will like to build.
Do you guarantee placements?
No institute can guarantee placements, unless they are doing so as a marketing gimmick! It is on a best effort basis.
In professional environment, it is not feasible for any institute to do so, except for a marketing gimmick. For us, it is on a best effort basis but not time – bound – in some cases students reach out to us even after 3 years for career support.
Do you have a classroom option?
Data Visualization and Analytics course is available through a live online mode. This is fully interactive and instructor-led. Hence, you will be able to hear the trainer, see what he does on his screen and can also talk to the trainer and ask questions in real time. Based on the student feedback, the learning experience is same both in classroom and instructor led live online fully interactive mode.
How do I attend the online classes? Are they interactive or self-paced?
We provide both the options and for instructor led live online classes we use the gold standard platform used by the top universities across the globe. These video sessions are fully interactive and students can chat or even ask their questions verbally over the VoIP in real time to get their doubts cleared.
What do I need to attend the online classes?
To attend the online classes, all you need is a laptop/PC with a basic internet connection. Students have often shared good feedback of attending these live classes through their data card or even their mobile 3G connection, though we recommend a basic broadband connection.
For best user experience, a mic-headphone is recommended to enhance the voice quality, though the laptop’s in-built mic works fine and you can ask your question over the chat as well.
How can I reach out to someone if I have doubts post class?
Through the LMS, students can always connect with the trainer or even schedule one-to-one time over the phone or online. During the course we also schedule periodic doubts-clearing classes though students can also ask doubts of a class in the subsequent class.
LMS also has a discussion forum where a lot of your doubts might get easily answered.
Incase you are having a problem still, repeat the class and schedule one-to-one time with the trainer.
What is your refund policy?
Live online – 3 days post start of the course
Video-based – 2 days
Classroom – 3 days before the starting of the course
Can I pay in installments?
No. There is no option of paying in installments for short courses like this one.
I am having difficulty coping up with my classes. What can I do?
For all the courses, we also provide the recordings of each class for their self-reference as well as revision in case you miss any concept in the class. In case you still have doubts after revising through the recordings, you can also take one-to-one time with the faculty outside classes during. Furthermore, if students want to break their courses in different modules, they get one year time to repeat any of the classes with other batches.
What are the system requirements for the software?
There is no particular system requirement for this course since the tools required for this course (Excel, Access and Tableau) can easily be installed on almost every laptop with basic configuration available these days.
Projects:Real time Project
Online Learning Materials
Course Fee: 20,000/-