In Excel 2010 and 2013, you can insert slicer to filter pivot tables and pivot charts. In 2013 you can also quickly filter the Tables from Slicers.
Steps to Create the Dashboard with Pivot Table and Slicer
Create Pivot Table
• Select any cell in your existing data, click on the Insert Tab, Under Tables Panel, Click Pivot Table
Create Pivot Chart
• Select Existing Pivot table, click on the Analyze Tab, Under Tools Panel, Select Pivot Chart
Now time to insert slicer for Pivot Table and Pivot Chart as both created.
Steps to create Slicer in Pivot Table
• Select any cell in the existing pivot table
• In Excel 2010 > Click on the Options tab > In the Sort & Filter group > click Insert Slicer.
In Excel 2013 > Click on the Analyze tab > In the Filter group > click Insert Slicer.
• In the Insert Slicers dialog box, select the check box of the PivotTable fields for which you want to create a slicer.
• Click OK.
You can also change the look and appearance of you slicer. To Change it, select slicer, click on the Options Tab, and select the design from the slicer style panel.